Former White House Chief of Staff William Daley and broadcast journalist Carol Marin top the list of notable commencement speakers during Loyola University Chicago’s graduation weekend.
Here is the story from Inside Loyola:
For the Class of 2012, their time studying at Loyola is coming to a close, and that means one thing: Commencement weekend. Commencement ceremonies begin today and run through May 12, with the School of Law ceremony scheduled for May 19, and the Stritch School of Medicine ceremony on June 3. In addition to ceremonies held at Gentile Arena, Mundelein Auditorium, and Navy Pier Ball Ballroom, Commencement 2012 will also be streamed online at LUC.edu/commencement/live. For a full schedule of ceremonies, click here.
Commencement by the Numbers:
- 1,224 – Total number of graduate, law, and business students who have applied for graduation
- 1,776 – Total number of undergraduate students who have applied for graduation
- 11 – Ceremonies
- 4 – Honorary degrees
- 3 – Alums serving as Commencement speakers: William M. Daley (BA ’70), former White House chief of staff; Justice Virginia M. Kendall (JD ’92), U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois; and Thaddeus Wong (BBA ’96), owner of @properties
- 10 – Ceremonies to be streamed on the web
- 3 – Commencement ceremonies that feature a lone bagpiper leading graduates to and from their seats