Move over, U.S. News and World Report. The magazine may rank Loyola University Chicago as one of the top universities in the country, but it’s not the only publication to come out with a prestigious list.
Thirty-two Loyola University Health System physicians have been named to Chicago Magazine’s 2010 list of Chicago’s Top Doctors.
The list was compiled by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a health-care research and information company. Castle Connolly surveyed physicians and the medical leadership of leading hospitals to identify “highly skilled, exceptional doctors.”
Loyola doctors on the list have earned the esteem of their colleagues by excelling in Loyola’s three primary missions — patient care, cutting-edge research and medical education.
Here’s the Chicago Magazine story: Top Chicago Doctors.
Here’s the full-time Loyola physicians on the Top Doctors list:
- Cardiac electrophysiology: David Wilber, MD
- Cardiovascular disease: Alain Heroux, John Moran, MD
- Endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism: Mary Ann Emanuele, MD
- Gynecologic oncology: Ronald Potkul, Donna Smith, MD
- Hand surgery: Michael Bednar, Terry Light, MD
- Hematology: Ellen Gaynor, Patrick Stiff, MD
- Infectious disease: J. Paul O’Keefe, MD
- Maternal and fetal medicine: Richard Besinger, MD
- Medical oncology: Kathy Albain, MD Joseph Clark, MD
- Neonatal-perinatal medicine: Jonathan Muraskas, MD
- Neurological surgery: Thomas Origitano, MD
- Orthopaedic surgery: Michael Pinzur, MD
- Otolaryngology: Andrew Hotaling, MD, John Leonetti, MD, James Stankiewicz, MD
- Pediatric Hematology-oncology: Ricarchito Manera, MD
- Pulmonary disease: Patrick Fahey, MD, Martin Tobin, MD
- Radiation oncology: Bahman Emami, MD
- Rheumatology: Elaine Adams, MD
- Surgery: John Brems, MD, Richard Gamelli, MD
- Thoracic surgery: Mamdouh Bakhos, MD
- Urology: Robert Flanigan, MD