Campus Safety is writing to inform you of a burglary that occurred in San Francisco Hall yesterday, Monday, November 2. A student reported that someone entered their unlocked room and removed a laptop computer.
We are currently investigating the incident. If you have any information, please call Campus Safety at 773.508.6039.
Please keep the following tips in mind to keep the entire community safe:
- Always lock your door, even when you are in the room.
- Do not allow people to follow you into unsecured areas. If you believe someone has followed you in, immediately report it to Campus Safety.
- If you see someone you do not recognize seemingly wandering in a building without a purpose, contact Campus Safety immediately.
- Avoid leaving valuable items where they can be easily seen.
- Record model and serial numbers of valuable items, and keep the numbers in a safe place.
Please immediately report any suspicious behavior or crimes to Campus Safety by calling 773.508.6039.
Thomas K. Murray
Chief of Police and Director of Campus Safety