Loyola University Chicago’s Family Business Center has announced the recipients of its 2010 Illinois Family Business of the Year Awards.
Here are the winners:
- Small Business Category (fewer than 50 employees) – Neiman Brothers Co.
- Medium Business Category (50 to 250 employees) – W.S. Darley & Co.
- Large Business Category (more than 250 employees) – Hoffer Plastics Corp.
- Community Service – Grecian Delight Foods & Hoffer Plastics Corp.
- Century Award Winner – Ferrara Pan Candy Co.
According to Business Wire, the Family Business of the Year award recognizes exceptional Illinois-based family businesses that demonstrate a strong commitment to business development, family and the greater Illinois community. The century award honors family firms that are over 100 years old. This year’s honorees were selected from nearly 200 nominees.
“Winners of the awards have demonstrated positive family/business linkage, multi-generational family business involvement, contributions to industry and community and innovative business practices and strategies,” said Andrew Kyte, executive director of the Loyola’s Family Business Center.
A gala ceremony honoring winners and finalists will be held Tuesday, Nov. 30 at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.
– Sara Nolan
Breaking news by email. Subscribe free at: www.loyolastudentdispatch.wordpress.com
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/loyoladispatch
Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Lou-Wolf/10000117524694
Get updates via SMS by texting : follow LoyolaDispatch to 40404