Chicago’s Uptown neighborhood is more than ready for its close up in the new movie The Dilemma, starring Vince Vaughn, Kevin James and Winona Ryder.
Director Ron Howard shot lots of footage in Chicago, including two locations in Uptown. Here’s a rundown of all the Chicago scenes, courtesy of NWI.com:
* Ron (Vaughn), best pal Nick (James) and company toast their future at Smith & Wollensky, the swanky steakhouse at Marina City.
* Ronny (Vaughn) and Nick (James) bust their dance moves at the Green Mill Jazz Club, 4802 N. Broadway in Uptown.
* The lads cheer on the Blackhawks at United Center. The scenes were shot live at actual games.
* Ron catches Nick’s wife (Winona Ryder) with lover Zip (Channing Tatum) in the Fern Room at the Garfield Park Conservatory, 300 N. Central Park Ave.
* The old Red Rooster Tavern makes a cameo as the Chi Tao Massage Parlor (Chi Town — get it?), 1124 W. Argyle St.
* Ron confronts the unrepentant Geneva (Ryder) at the Golden House Restaurant & Pancake House in Uptown, 4744 N. Broadway.
* Ron delivers his “How should I tell him?” monologue on the Kinzie Street Bridge.
* Ron accosts Zip at his condo at Noble and Chestnut streets in West Town.
Other scenes were shot on Lake Shore Drive, near Grant Park, at McCormick Place and at the Weiner’s Circle hot dog stand in Lincoln Park. The Loop, West Loop, Wicker Park, Logan Square and the Ukranian Village make cameos as well.
Breaking news by email. Subscribe free at: www.loyolastudentdispatch.wordpress.com
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/loyoladispatch
Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Lou-Wolf/10000117524694
Get updates via SMS by texting : follow LoyolaDispatch to 40404