Posted by ahindo on April 19, 2010
By Ashlee Hindo
First-year men at Loyola University Chicago will strut their stuff in the Mr. Loyola Competition Wednesday in Mundelein Auditorium.
Each student will represent a first-year residence hall (Creighton, Campion, Regis, Simpson, and Mertz).
They will compete in the following categories: Q & A Interview, Talent, Loyola Spirit and Formal Wear.
The competition is from 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. in the Mundelein Auditorium.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: lou wolf, loyola student dispatch, loyola university chicago | Leave a Comment »
Posted by aperez2 on April 19, 2010
By Alex Perez
Rambler Fest, one of Loyola University Chicago’s biggest springtime events, kicks off Saturday afternoon with barbecue, live music, and entertainment.
Joel McHale, star of NBC’s hit show Community, will perform in he evening in Gentile Center. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. tickets are on sale at the CFSU information desk, according to LU Focus
For more information, contact Student Activities at 773.508.8850.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: lou wolf, loyola student dispatch, loyola university chicago, NBC | Leave a Comment »
Posted by loyolastudentdispatch on April 19, 2010
Move over, U.S. News and World Report. The magazine may rank Loyola University Chicago as one of the top universities in the country, but it’s not the only publication to come out with a prestigious list.
Thirty-two Loyola University Health System physicians have been named to Chicago Magazine’s 2010 list of Chicago’s Top Doctors.
The list was compiled by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a health-care research and information company. Castle Connolly surveyed physicians and the medical leadership of leading hospitals to identify “highly skilled, exceptional doctors.”
Loyola doctors on the list have earned the esteem of their colleagues by excelling in Loyola’s three primary missions — patient care, cutting-edge research and medical education.
Here’s the Chicago Magazine story: Top Chicago Doctors.
Here’s the full-time Loyola physicians on the Top Doctors list:
- Cardiac electrophysiology: David Wilber, MD
- Cardiovascular disease: Alain Heroux, John Moran, MD
- Endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism: Mary Ann Emanuele, MD
- Gynecologic oncology: Ronald Potkul, Donna Smith, MD
- Hand surgery: Michael Bednar, Terry Light, MD
- Hematology: Ellen Gaynor, Patrick Stiff, MD
- Infectious disease: J. Paul O’Keefe, MD
- Maternal and fetal medicine: Richard Besinger, MD
- Medical oncology: Kathy Albain, MD Joseph Clark, MD
- Neonatal-perinatal medicine: Jonathan Muraskas, MD
- Neurological surgery: Thomas Origitano, MD
- Orthopaedic surgery: Michael Pinzur, MD
- Otolaryngology: Andrew Hotaling, MD, John Leonetti, MD, James Stankiewicz, MD
- Pediatric Hematology-oncology: Ricarchito Manera, MD
- Pulmonary disease: Patrick Fahey, MD, Martin Tobin, MD
- Radiation oncology: Bahman Emami, MD
- Rheumatology: Elaine Adams, MD
- Surgery: John Brems, MD, Richard Gamelli, MD
- Thoracic surgery: Mamdouh Bakhos, MD
- Urology: Robert Flanigan, MD
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: lou wolf, loyola stritch school of medicine, loyola student dispatch, loyola university chicago, loyola university health system, loyola university medical center | Leave a Comment »